Monday, October 14, 2013

October Freebie: Leaf Counting, Colors & Adding Game


The concept of numbers can be very abstract for children ... at least, I had always read this but teaching a preschooler to count and number recognition has proved it for me!  So, I like to design and I like to teach, which means I love designing teaching printables for my little one.  It's fall and I love incorporating the seasons (even when teaching preschool math), therefore I made a Leaf Counting, Colors & Adding Game.


I printed and laminated the game sheet last night, and this morning we scavenged the backyard for pebbles to use with the game.  I designed two sheets - one for PreK/Kinder and one for 1st/2nd.  It's essentially three games on one sheet and you can customize the games to suit your learner's level of number know-how.  You can do the Adding Game (shown in picture), Color Game or Adding Game, and the first sheet is 1-10 while the second sheet is 11-20.  It's really fun and great practice for young learners!  Snag a copy of each sheet below, then print, laminate and have fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment