Monday, April 23, 2012

Beside Quiet Waters


"He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters"

~ Psalm 23:2

The Lord creates moments of simplicity and peace for us because He understands our need for them.  He literally provides opportunities within our days that are meant to make us sit still and simply be. The 23rd Psalm always evokes a picture of complete peace in my mind.  When I read it, I can smell the aroma of grass and wildflowers and practically feel the cool, damp ground beneath me.  I close my eyes and imagine the faint bubbling of a brook as it flows across smooth stones and sand.  The Bible says that, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it." (Psalm 24:1)  Today, be reminded that the earth is the Lord's and that you are a beautiful part of His intricate and majestic design!


No comments:

Post a Comment