Sunday, March 31, 2013

44 Prophecies About Jesus Christ

Image found on thedivineevidence.com
So I lost track of time and wasn't able to write up my post regarding the Old Testament prophecies of Christ's birth, life, death, resurrection, and return.  However I found an article that outlines 44 accounts of prophecy about Jesus Christ in chart form by About.com's Mary Fairchild.  It's really cool!  Definitely check it out!

But here are some prophetic scriptures in the Old Testament that blow me away:

Jesus' Betrayal Prophesied

Zechariah 11:12-13 "told them, “If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.” So they paid me thirty pieces of silver.  And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the handsome price at which they valued me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them to the potter at the house of the Lord."




Fulfilled in Luke 22:47-48 and Matthew 26:14-16

Jesus' Death

Isaiah 53:4-7  

"Surely he took up our pain

    and bore our suffering,

yet we considered him punished by God,

    stricken by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
    each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all."


Fulfillment in scripture is found in Matthew 27, Mark 15, Luke 23, and John 19.

Jesus' Resuxrrection

Psalm 49:15

But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Fulfillment in the scripture is in Matthew 28, Luke 24, John 20, and Mark 16.



No comments:

Post a Comment