Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Bath Salt

I have a public confession to make: I have recently become addicted to bath salts and I have been making them in my kitchen.  Wait ... before you unsubscribe to my feed, it's not what you think!  Sorry for my morbid sense of humor!  

I'm not talking about the illicit, chemically charged, deadly, make-you-go-crazy bath salts; instead, I'm talking about the all natural, put-in-a-relaxing-foot-soak bath salts!  They are the easiest thing to make and since I'm such a reluctant crafter, easy is my middle name!  (Again, not what you think!)

My latest creation: Lemon Sorbet Foot Soak

1 cup Epsom salt
1/4 cup sea salt (I use pink salt for color)
2 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
8-10 drops Lemon Essential Oil

Combine the salts in a plastic bowl.  In a separate dish, combine the oils.  Once the oils are mixed together well, stir them into the salt mixture.  Stir the oils into the salt and keep in a sealed, plastic container.  I've been keeping mine in a baby formula dispenser, such as Munchkin brand Powdered Formula Dispenser.  I can put in more than one bath salt mixture, keeping them ready for whenever I wish to use them!  

P.S. For an aromatherapy soak, pour 2 tbsp of Lemon Sorbet Foot Soak and 2 tbsp of Rosewater into your foot bath.  Add warm water and turn on the bubbles!  I did this the other day and it softened my feet and lifted my mood all at the same time.  Not to mention, lemon has natural anti-fungal and antiseptic properties. Check out the healing powers of Lemon Essential Oils on Doterra's website!  You'll be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment