Thursday, March 1, 2012

Such As These Conclusion: No Greater Love

Being the "Month of Love," I decided to intentionally grow in God's love for children.  As I gleaned out the special moments and lessons throughout the past month, I feel that God was even greater glorified through my life and through our life as a family.  The month has already ended, so I'm going to backtrack through the last few days, highlighting my especially sweet moments with Hana.

Saturday, Day 25:  After an early morning wake up call via Hana, we put a light jacket over her pajamas, made out a quick grocery shopping list, and hopped in the car to grab some donuts and shop.  While I shopped, Hana sat in the cart and ate her powdered donut hole.  She started rubbing her messy face on my arms as I pushed the cart.  Just as I was about to tell her to stop, she looked up at me and said, "Love too, mama."  What a purely sweet and intentionally loving act!  I would sacrifice every single shirt sleeve I have to receive that message from her every single day!!

Sunday, Day 26:  By late afternoon, the sun was out and Josh suggested that we get some ice cream.  We did the easiest, cheapest thing we could think of and went through the McDonald's drive through to get three dollar cones.  I was oddly okay with giving Hana her own cone ... in the car, nonetheless.  But to my surprise, she did really well on her own ... no messes and no food throwing!  My little girl is growing up!

Monday, Day 27:  Hana and I had a laid-back day, coloring, reading and playing with her puzzles.  We just love spending time together.

Tuesday, Day 28:  After story time at the library, Hana and I met my mom at Walmart to shop and visit.  My mom and I both had our separate carts, but Hana took preference to riding in grandma's cart.  Grandma is very special to Hana and I always jokingly say, "Grandma trumps Mommy."  What I didn't realize was that each time we would split up, a look of concern would come across her face and she would ask, "And mama?"  I have to admit, hearing that made me smile.

Wednesday, Day 29:  Wednesdays are typically my husband's day-off, so we use the day to catch up on bills and our projects.  Although he is worn out from work, he always makes an effort to help me get Hana up, changed and fed in the mornings.  Yesterday, he even made breakfast!  As we ate our bacon and toaster waffles, Hana made faces at us from her booster seat, kicking, giggling and squealing from the pure joy of acting silly.

One thing I've realized through my month-long journaling process is that our little girl makes our joy so complete!  From that perspective, I see how she is our extension of love and joy in the same way that we are God's.  It reminds me of Jesus statement in John 15:11-12, where He said, "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

What an amazing God we have who creates parallels of His glory in our everyday lives!  What an intricate and loving way of communication He has with us.  Jesus went further to say in verse 13, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."  If there is anything that I can bestow upon my little girl, I want it to be the message that God desires to know her and love her.  I want her to connect her heart with the act of love that Jesus did for her when He died on the cross.  I pray for her all the time, asking the Lord to speak to her and beckon her into His love.  While my purpose as a parent is to care for my daughters needs, my sole desire is to nurture her heart and guide her into an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.  Thank you Lord for this blessing and commission!

No comments:

Post a Comment