Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 15: All The Small Things

Preparing for dinner often becomes the greatest source of drama in our house.  It usually takes this course: my husband gets home, I am making dinner, Hana is hungry, he wants to talk about his day, Hana becomes slightly jealous, and eventually it ends with our hungry, cranky girl having a meltdown in the middle of the kitchen floor.  It's times like this when the little things REALLY do matter.  

My husband is so intuitive and self-sacrificing.  Witnessing this chain of events about to unfold this evening, he scooped Hana up to give her some much needed attention and play time. Before I knew it, he and Hana were sitting at the table playing with her new Playdough, which was a recent birthday gift for her from my cousin.  I'm so thankful for my husband who always  acknowledges the little things and knows when to take time with our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment