Saturday, February 4, 2012

Days 3-4: Mud Puddles

Life caught a hold of me yesterday and today, so let me recap!  Yesterday was such a beautiful day that Hana and I had to spend some time in the great outdoors ... and by that, I mean the backyard.  The only good thing about our backyard is that it's fenced, but other than that it's a desperate landscape.  We do have a swingset ... that a tree fell on last Spring.  But there is a small herb garden ... that I forgot to water during the hottest month last Summer.  However, even if we had the most kid-friendly, landscaped, and fully equipped backyard space, nothing can capture Hana's attention like mud and sticks anyway!  

Usually, I am ready to head inside within about thirty minutes, carrying Hana back into the house kicking and screaming.  Yesterday was different ... I was different.  We played outside without ceasing for almost two hours!  We kicked around a ball for a good twenty minutes.  We hit the yard barn with sticks for about a half an hour.  We decided to jump for a full ten minutes, filling some of the time with yelling at birds.  We went nuts on that backyard!  

After all the running, stick throwing, rock gathering, ball kicking, yelling at birds, and jumping, Hana threw in the towel.  She placed herself by the backyard, telling me, "Ma, inside."  All the activity had worked on her appetite, and Hana was ready for some cheese, crackers and raisins.  As she sat at the table with me, the poor girl was so wiped out she that she had to lay her head on the table while she ate.  Snack time was followed by a long naptime.  Needless to say, we duplicated the whole sequence of events today and daddy got to jump in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment