Friday, February 24, 2012

Such As These Week 4: The Condensed Version

This past week, I've been an unfaithful blogger ... and I'm blogging about parenting my little girl, nonetheless.  Way to shovel another layer onto the already existent pile of mommy guilt!  I guess I feel a little self-redemption for the fact that my focus has fully shifted to her and my home this week.  In light of that, I'll just give a recap of the week:

Saturday, Day 18:  While my husband was out of town most of the afternoon and evening, Hana and I had our first girl's movie night in.  We played with puzzles and ate cookies while watching Dumbo.

Sunday, Day 19:  Hana got to sit in on her first Breadenfish meeting.  We outlined curriculum goals on our laptops while she played with her Playdough.  She concluded the meeting by throwing numerous wads of Playdough at us ...

Monday, Day 20:  The post-party, post-headcold, post-stomach flu state of our home prompted me to do cleaning.  Always the cheerful helper, Hana assisted in picking up her toys and returning them to her toy baskets, and then she cheerfully dumped them all out.  Upon seeing my reaction, the expression on her face read something like this:  "That was the point of the task, right?"

Tuesday, Day 21:  We went to grandma's house to visit with "mawmaw", "pawpaw" and "Racho."  Hana also adopted a new, fun past-time: dumping oversized stuffed animals onto my mom's toy poodle as he sleeps.

serious bed-head
Wednesday, Day 22:  Hana spent some of the day playing at her cousin's house.  She almost begged me to put her to bed that evening.  As I was changing her diaper, I just started praying for her aloud, asking the Lord to bless her and give her a peaceful sleep.  Right as I was about to close my prayer, Hana says, "Amen."

Thursday, Day 23:  Hana woke up with some serious bed-head and an attitude to match.  She did not want milk!  She did not want a diaper change!  She did not want anything ... so it seemed.  As I sat on the couch flipping through the DVR to find her "show, show mickey," Hana drags a blanket over to me and says, "Mama, cuckle."  She didn't want anything but for me to cuddle her!  I took my independent toddler up on her request and we "cuckled" for a good thirty minutes.


1 comment:

  1. We need to get over there soon and get some "cuckling" time with Hana!!

    ReplyDelete