Friday, February 24, 2012

Guilt

I started the week allowing memories of past failures to haunt my heart.  Guilt is such a wretched feeling and can be so destructive to our faith.  However, God allowed it to enter my life this week for the very purpose of furthering His glory in me.  In my search for rest in the Lord, I found myself reading the promise in Romans 8:37-39:

In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It was such a blessing to receive that promise, putting my heart at rest and peace in God's powerful love and redemption.  However, I didn't even understand the full purpose of this verse in the day I read it.  Hours later, God brought it back to my mind and urged me to share it with a young friend who was struggling with fresh wounds of regret and guilt.  

God is so good!  He allowed me to enter a place of guilt for the very purpose of reminding me that we are more than conquerors through Him and that nothing can separate us from His love.  The eternal benefit of this journey is amazing ... He let me become a vessel to carry this message to someone in extreme need of it.  What an honor that we are ambassadors of God's love and salvation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment